Pottery Expo @ Warrandyte is an annual event held the last weekend in February, on the banks of the beautiful Yarra River in the heart of Warrandyte Village, just 30 minutes by car northeast of Melbourne, Australia.
This year the Warrandyte Pottery Expo goes Indian!
The 8th Pottery Expo @ Warrandyte welcomes Giri Raj Prasad and Manori Lal, traditional potters from India.
Giri Raj Prasad and Manori Lal are traditional potters from India. They will take part in the Expo as our international guest artists, continuing our programme to present a world of excellence in ceramics at Warrandyte and continue our international cultural exchange. The two Indian potters will demonstrate their skills on their traditional large stone wheel that revolves on a timber pivot. They will also have some of their work for sale at the Expo.
This weekend is a chance to meet and see the work of not only local potters but also those from around Victoria.Pottery Expo is based on the concept of the March de Potiers [Potters Markets] of France.
Some additional feature attractions include:
* 40 of Victoria's finest ceramic artists presenting their work for sale. Meet the artists, be captivated by their work;
* Activities and demonstrations throughout the two days: throwing, decorating, sculpting, hand-building, etc;
* TAFE ceramics courses represented by students and lecturers;
* Ceramic products and information available (books, clay, tools, etc);
* Public participation in creating an ephemeral scul
* Indian food and refreshments on-site;
* Bollywood dancing demonstrations.
The Pottery Expo is proudly supported by Manningham City Council.